Eaton is proud to announce the release of the 215U-2 Wi-Fi I/O Gateway solution. The 215U-2 brings a simple web-based user interface, utilizes a standards-based wireless protocol, introduces an innovative networking topology, and is sold at a significantly lower price point. Customers do not need a strong background in networking to set up a 215U-2 system. The 215U-2 can be added as part of a customer‘s existing wireless infrastructure. This allows the 215U-2 to be sold through multiple types of channel partners into both process and factory automation applications. It provides unique, cost saving features that not only reduce cost, but allow for reduced panel sizes and a smaller amount of control panels in a customer application.
215U-2 WiFi I/O
Ethernet and serial gateway support for industrial protocols including Modbus TCP/RTU
215U-2 wireless I/O and gateway 802.11 b/g scalable industrial wireless I/O module for reliable and secure connectivity
- The 215U-2 provides robust/secure two-way wireless communications in extremely challenging indoor and outdoor industrial environments.
- Machinery OEM I/O connectivity in factoriesâ€”discrete sensors and digital I/O (e-Stops)
- Water and wastewater plant applicationsâ€”flow and level sensors
- Oil and gas remote well sensor monitoring
- Electrical control panel hot-spot for remote monitoring of meters and control through PLC extension